Bookings & check-in:
- Upon your enquiry for accommodation a quote can be drawn from the website / a quote confirmation can be requested.
- Quotations are valid as stipulated on the quotation (2 days).
- We reserve the right to cancel and refund accommodation in situations of crisis, or move guests to alternative (similar) accommodation with their permission and agreement.
- A 50% deposit is to reserve the establishment, and full payment is required 1 week in advance of arrival.
- Reservations within 7 days of arrival is payable in full.
- Full payment is required before access is allowed to the establishment.
- Banking costs for international deposits will be for the guest’s account. Because we will only know what the amount is after receiving the funds, it will be added to the outstanding amount / the final payment.
- Banking details reflect on our website on the Reservation forms as well as on BOOK NOW.
- The person responsible for making the reservations and payments should ensure that everyone else in the party has read these terms and conditions and accept full responsibility and liability thereof.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to report any defect or problem to the host at the time of taking occupancy.
- You are welcome to check in from 14:00 to 19:00 (or later but only by arrangement) on the day of arrival and are required to hand in the keys by 10:00 on the day of departure. Estimated times of arrival and departure must be communicated to the welcoming staff member or owner to ensure smooth check-ins/outs.
- Village Living has a drop box which can be used to drop off keys on departure.
- Only paying guests are allowed on the premises – visiting guest welcome only by arrangement.
- The right of admission is reserved and strictly applied.
- Cancellation longer than 30 days, 100% refundable.
- Cancellation between 29 days and 15 days, 75% refundable.
- Cancellation between 14 and 7 days, 50% refundable.
- Cancellation less than 7 days, no refund.
Breakage & Damages & Parking:
- Because a breakage deposit is not charged, we kindly request that you inform us of any accidental damages.
- When and if a breakage deposit is charged, it will be taken against any damages incurred. If there are any deductions to be made, we will notify you within 2 days of your departure and a refund, if any, will be made within 2 days of your departure to your nominated bank account.
- Unfortunately additional charges will be imposed if more guests than booked for are utilizing the premises.
- Please note that a cleaning fee can be deducted from a breakage deposit for houses that are left with excessive dirty dishes and / or linen or any unsatisfactory condition.
- Beds which are slept in, above the occupancy as stated by you, will be subject to a cleaning charge.
- Bath towels are supplied but not for use at the swimming/splash pool, guests should provide their own swimming towels.
- An inventory is provided – please notify your host as soon as possible if any items are missing or defective.
- Parking is available on site– Please respect the environment and gardens and be mindful of traffic and other vehicles.
- This is a self-catering facility, but for a lengthy stay we can gladly provide you with a cleaning service by prior arrangement.
- Start-up cleaning materials and toilet paper are provided.
- Laundry facilities are available on site– designated washing room.
- Please make use of the dustbins provided and the arrangements for refuge. Refuse collections are every Tuesday morning. Please make use of the recycle bins around town (on the plain, next to the post office ).
- The drains in Koringberg are either soak or municipal pump drains. Therefore, please use only toilet paper in the toilets. Bins are provided for any other items that need to be disposed of.
Household safety and security:
- This is a non-smoking facility, but you are welcome to smoke outside, providing that you use a cigarette butt dispenser (no buds in the garden).
- Please only make fires in the braai areas.
- When using gas hobs, please make sure everything is left in a safe state.
- Please use swimming/splash pool on own risk
We should mention that even though Koringberg is statistically a very low crime area, caution should still be taken and the premises be locked when you are away. Please contact the Moorreesburg Police station if needed: 022 433 8660.
The nearest medical practitioner is in Moorreesburg: Dr AM Stander: 022 433 2200 and Dr van Rensburg: 074 583 1012
- Every effort is made to service and maintain all amenities, equipment, and appliances to a fully operable and safe condition, and guests are requested to use and operate all these in a responsible manner. Kindly report any faulty conditions to the owners.
- This house is in a residential area, please respect our neighbors and refrain from events or parties without prior permission.
- Minors are the sole responsibility of the parents and/or guardians in whose care they are whilst visiting.
- Should any guest be involved in the unfortunate situation of a crime taken place, please contact you hosts, Ennerien-084 307 3855 and Pieter-078 935 2075 immediately.
- The Koringberg residential area is surrounded by farms and Green Belts are running through the town. We ask that guests respect the environment at all times.
- Apart from a variety of small wild animals there are also snakes such as Puffadders and Cape Cobras during the warmer seasons and it is therefore advisable not to wander into the fynbos unattended.
- Due to the fact that the Swartland is an arid environment, the local communities experience water restrictions from time to time. Please help us by using water responsibly.
- Since our establishment is pet friendly, please bring their bedding with you and, out of courtesy for other guests, refrain from allowing them on the furniture and beds.
- Please leave the garden clean upon departure. If not, a surcharge will be incurred.
Whilst every reasonable precaution has been taken to ensure the safety of our guests and their possessions on the premises, the owner, its agents, and/or its employees shall not be liable for any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by a guest/s whilst on the premises. When booking at our establishments, the guest/s hereby indemnifies the owner of the establishment and Village Living against any claims arising from any injury, loss, theft or damage suffered by them on the premises. Guests enter at own risk.
Staying in the beautiful, clean Koringeberg and being in a position to welcome guests to a peaceful and mutually respectful environment and community is our priority and this forms this basis of our risk management.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our website?
When booking or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience, enquiry or booking.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, make a booking, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a booking, sign up for our newsletter, respond to marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotions or other site feature.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Do we use ‘cookies’?
- Help remember and process your booking.
- Understand and save user’s preferences for future visits.
- Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won’t affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party links
We do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
South African Protection of Information Act, 2013, also known as POPI Act
To promote the protection of personal information processed by public and private bodies; to introduce certain conditions so as to establish minimum requirements for the processing of personal information; to provide for the establishment of an Information Regulator to exercise certain powers and to perform certain duties and functions in terms of this Act and the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2000; to provide for the issuing of codes of conduct; to provide for the rights of persons regarding unsolicited electronic communications and automated decision making; to regulate the flow of personal information across the borders of the Republic; and to provide for matters connected therewith. – See more at: www.justice.gov.za
According to POPI we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously
Users are able to change their personal information:
- By emailing us
- By calling us
- By logging in to their account
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third party behavioral tracking?
It’s also important to note that we do not allow third party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
- Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via in site notification
- Within 7 business days
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.